There are few better ways to start our beekeeping journey than to experience “Beekeepers helping beekeepers!”
This year we plan to run 2 “Introduction to Beekeeping” courses:
1) June 10, 2017 in Estaire, a few minutes south of Sudbury via Highway 69;
2) June 17, 2017 in the Lavigne area, a little over an hour east of Sudbury via Highways 17 (east to Verner) and 64 (south from Verner).
Further details will be given to those who sign up for the course.
The cost for the 1 day course is $60 per person, with a $30 deposit required by those booking a spot for either course.
This is a full day course with a limited number of spaces available. Please book sooner rather than later and arrive promptly on the day of your course.
Protocol for the course.
Note: Bee jacket with veil will be provided
- light coloured clothing is best
- long pants
- shoes (no sandals)
- bee suit or jacket with hat & veil
Don’t worry if you do not have a suit, the SDBA has a dozen and we will be happy to lend you one for the day.
Things you may want to bring:
- notebook and pen/pencil
- camera / phone with camera
If you know anyone interested in beekeeping or wanting to start please give him or her this information.
Please use the following form to request more information or begin the registration process.